Open Banking’s EU roll out
As the European financial services sector prepares to roll out the PSD2 directive, Open Banking Expo Europe offers an incisive day of engaging panels, not-to-be missed interviews, and the first Open Banking case studies. From the wider impact of Open Banking and APIs, to the unchartered waters of unlocking customer data, our deep dive agenda will give you all you need to harness the opportunities Open Banking presents.
Friday 4 October - Novotel Convention Centre, Amsterdam
“When we first heard the phrase Open Banking we all worried about how it would work and the safety of opening up our data for other organisations. Open Banking Expo is all about talking about Open Banking, becoming comfortable with it and planning for the future.”
Anne Boden, Chief Executive Officer, Starling Bank
REGISTRATION AND NETWORKING
Driving forward the Open Banking revolution
With PSD2 going live just a fortnight before, we will open with a C-level panel debate incorporating incumbent and challenger banks, alongside key stakeholders in the Open Banking revolution. Open Banking is at different stages of the ‘disruption cycle’ in different markets, with the UK leading in Europe. This session will share best practice from across markets, and especially the UK, and explore the initiatives to converge on a global standard.
- How do we increase consumer adoption rates in Europe?
- Where are the opportunities both in Europe and globally?
- How can fintechs enhance the Open Banking offering for both incumbent and challenger institutions?
- How is data being used to drive positive customer outcomes?
- What are the global developments in the PSD2 & Open Banking landscape?
- A look ahead to the future – what will the Open Banking space look like in 2025?
- Emerging markets – which region is next to take up Open Banking and how far along are they?
- Does Open Banking present new opportunities for lenders to move into new markets?
PSD2 Open Banking API standards
Can Open Banking ever really take off with more than one standard?
REFRESHMENTS & NETWORKING
NextGenPSD2 Framework in a pan-European PSD2 Account Access context
- Background, rationale and benefits of NextGenPSD2
- Challenges faced and overcome
- Implementation progress and future evolution
IATA: A case study
- What’s the prevailing Open Banking development strategy?
- Designing the operating model
- Management of third-party interactions
- Compliance and security considerations
Experian – session to be confirmed
To be announced shortly
CEO spotlight: Fireside chat with a digital banking trailblazer
To Ali, it felt like his social duty to create and invest in a bank with a community of loyal customers. A bank that values transparency and innovation and that people actually want to be a part of. That’s why in 2012 he founded bunq, the only European challenger bank that is completely self-funded. This trailblazing session will put the bunq head under the spotlight.
The role of the central bank in driving forward Open Banking: the Bank of Lithuania experience
- What can central banks do to accelerate adoption?
- Managing the ecosystem of incumbents, challengers, TTPs and API developers
- Exploring how data held by the Bank of Lithuania can be opened up and shared
LUNCH & NETWORKING
Quick talks from fintechs demonstrating how their solutions use Open Banking data to deliver tangible benefits for the end user. Who’s doing what with data and what can you learn from them?
Exploring a new Open Banking concept: Integrating banking and fintech
- The importance of partnership strengthening between banks and third parties
- Why is partnership a new competency?
- How do we do it in George? Introducing the plug-ins concept
- Integration models
- Contractual onboarding
Yolt’s journey into Open Banking and PSD2
As leaders in Open Banking, CBO Leon Muis will share Yolt’s experience over the first 19 months since the launch of Open Banking; from the good, the bad to the challenging. It’s also a chance to look at how Yolt have built their smart money platform and what comes next: collaboration between Fintechs and banks, consumer empowerment and more. Leon will share views on unlocking the power of open banking, and what’s to come in the very near future.
Fortuna Banque’s PSD2 Adventure
Fortuna Banque will celebrate its 100 year anniversary in 2020, but has undertaken a process of intensive modernisation and digitisation in the last four years. Working with the LuxHub service platform, it is moving towards compliance with the PSD2 Directive and standards. This session will explore the journey they have been on, demonstrate compliance challenges and solutions, and share some early learnings.
REFRESHMENTS & NETWORKING
How SMEs can accelerate growth and opportunity through Open Banking
Open Banking is set to have a major impact on the SME financing sector, opening new ways for small firms to connect to innovative fintech services. The options will be welcome: balancing cashflow and ensuring sufficient financial flexibility at all times is one of the biggest headaches for small and medium-sized enterprises. Our panel will consider:
- What are the business opportunities for the SME market?
- The challenges and hurdles that need to be overcome to maximise adoption rates
- What can businesses learn from Open Banking implementation in the consumer space?
- How to execute a revolutionary PR campaign to ease fears and promote positive user cases.
Building an innovative ecosystem
Financial services providers must innovate to remain relevant. But with an explosive growth in fintech parties and the emergence of Open Banking, nobody can do that alone anymore. What does an innovative ecosystem of traditional payment providers and fintechs look like, what are successful examples and what is everyone’s role in the chain?