Salary: Dependent on experience + uncapped commission scheme
Hours: Full time
Location: Office-based (Winchester) with occasional work from home
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Banking Expo is looking for someone special who loves events and is hungry to build commercial partnerships across its strong and successful media portfolio. If you have an eye for detail, as well as confidence and experience in communicating at all, especially senior and executive, levels, we’d love to hear from you.
Organisation and context
Open Banking Expo is a young but established, dynamic and rapidly growing events company that now also operates in the wider media and broadcast realm. We won ‘Best Conference Series’ at the industry's "Oscars" - the Conference Awards 2020.
The global pandemic caused us to shift our physical events to digital, which was hugely successful. More recently, we have launched a multi-format TV-style offering, taking our digital content to a whole new level. We have also launched global industry Awards, which attracted a high number of exceptional entries, judges and event partners.
We are now looking to build on our successes, and to grow our commercial partnerships base across our media and events portfolio, including conferences, awards, podcasts, TV broadcasts, and on-demand content.
The role is very hands-on. Reporting directly into the founders of Open Banking Expo, you will be responsible for building new partnerships, as well as maintaining current partner relations employing creative and engaging ways to ensure the continued growth of our portfolio.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To deliver sales of exhibition space and sponsorship across the full portfolio of events and content platforms
- Achieve and/or exceed specific individual targets and performance objectives (KPIs)
- Generate new business opportunities and develop a strong lead pipeline
- Arrange and attend sales meetings with clients (where appropriate) to fully understand their needs and ensure we can offer them the best solutions to support their company targets and strategic goals
- Write proposals to a high standard that sell the value of Open Banking Expo and our solutions
- Manage existing customer relationships throughout the show cycle to build trust and rapport to ensure they are aware of and make full use of all our services and achieve the best outcome from their investment with us
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain our CRM database to the highest standards of accuracy and reach
- Ensure all customer and account information is recorded and updated accurately in CRM
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities to create and grow excellent client relationships
- Formulate and manage simple and effective marketing strategies to communicate our portfolio offering to both existing and new customers
- Own the full sales cycle from lead generation to post event feedback
- Respond to and follow up direct and web-based sales enquiries.
Skills and abilities:
- Highly efficient
- Great communicator
- Engaging with a positive and creative outlook on life
- Excellent at prioritising and time management
- Confident and eager to learn
- Self-motivated and resilient