CaixaBank has linked up with Global Payments on a European prepaid card joint venture to be called MoneyToPay.
The MoneyToPay name has been used by CaixaBank for its prepaid business since 2012 in Spain, where it has almost two million cards and a sales volume of over EUR700 million.
Global Payments brings its experience in the US prepaid market through its NetSpend business to the venture. NetSpend president Kelley Knutson will be MoneyToPay’s chairman.
Having previously joined forces Having partnered back in 201o to build Comercia Global Payments, this seems to be a natural step for both parties.
In 2019 both CaixaBank and Global Payments, along with Ingenico, launched an international innovation programme with the aim to spot promising fintech startups.
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- Nesta Challenges announces four fintech winners of Open Up 2020
- Revolut customer base to grow by a third by 2021
- Open Banking Expo Canada returns virtually this November
- Zilch works with Credit Kudos to shake up credit assessment for Buy Now Pay Later