The Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE) is pleased to announce the publication of the Open Banking Standards, version 3.
Whilst previous versions of the Standards covered business and personal current accounts, Version 3 covers all products with payment capabilities (for example, credit cards, pre-paid and e-wallets) in any currency.
Commenting on this latest release, Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE, Trustee of OBIE, said:
“The Open Banking Standards are now not only a driver of significant innovation and competition in the UK but also offer account providers a well-supported route to PSD2 compliance.
“The ability to access a far broader range of customer accounts will greatly enhance the services that firms can build and, ultimately, make it easier for customers to move, manage and make more of their money.
“All of the CMA9 are expected to be live today with the previous version of the Standards. The key now, with this latest version, is to ensure that the Standards are implemented with a high degree of conformance and reliability across the account providers. OBIE will be focused on supporting the banking, credit card, building society and e-money sectors in doing just that, at pace.”
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- Open Banking platform raises over €90 million investment in latest funding round
- Open Banking Implementation Entity praises current market of 1m Open Banking customers
- The Global Revolution of Open Banking – A Look at Mexico
- Preventing fraud in an open world