Access all our streamed content for free
Retail CBDC: Weighing up the Benefits and Risks
- Explore how retail CBDC will need to coexist with; and complement fiat currency, and how digital currencies will be classified – will this be e-money?
- Consider the use cases for retail CBDCs and weigh up if digital currencies are the best solution to improve the likes of financial inclusion, payment systems and cross border payments
- Delve into the technical and design questions when building CBDCs and discuss how this system will work
- Discuss the risks associated with retail CBDCs including regulation and legislation between geographies, consumer protection and trust, and financial stability
- Touch on how/if retail CBDCs can complement Open Banking initiatives to ensure current regulation doesn’t suffer from new innovation