Due to the current coronavirus crisis there had been reports it could be delayed. However, the bank is to stick to its original timetable despite the speculation.
Under the Open Banking implementation banks will be able to share share customers’ data with third parties that can use the information to offer consumers products. Just like the UK and the rest of Europe, the priority of this move is to inject competition into Brazil’s financial services market.
Delivery times for roll out are reported to be in line with October 2021.
- TrueLayer raises $70m in latest funding round
- Interview: Sean Fitzgerald, Chief Executive Officer, Sentenial and Nuapay
- 60 seconds with HSBC’s Global Economist on the future of CBDC
- Open Banking Expo Awards launch to recognise excellence across the sector
- Report – Central Bank Digital Currencies for Beginners