Following on from the rollout of the account aggregation functionality in the UK and France, Revolut has today announced its launch of its Open Banking services into Italy in order to service its 400,000 business and retails customers.
The latest news sees a further extension to its partnership with leading Open Banking platform provider, TrueLayer.
Banks that are now able to seamlessly connect include; Intesa Sanpaolo, UniCredit, UBI Banca, Banco BPM and Poste Italiane Bank. The move makes it possible for customers to see all their balances and transactions in the app along with enabling tracking and budget setting services.
Joshua Fernandes, Product Owner for Open Banking at Revolut, said: We’re delighted to see that regulation that facilitates Open Banking is creating the potential to change our financial landscape for the better.”
Francesco Simoneschi, co-Founder and CEO of TrueLayer, commented:
“I’ve been particularly looking forward to our launch with Revolut into Italy because I know that there is a huge opportunity for Open Banking and PSD2 to bring much-needed innovation to the traditional financial sector in my home country.”
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- Lloyds Bank taps Mastercard’s Open Banking Connect for credit card customers
- Blue Motor Finance and Credit Kudos strike partnership for motor sector
- VibePay continues its push to bring Open Banking to consumers
- 2020: A transformational year for Banking as a Service