Worldpay is rolling out a new Open Banking Hub to merchants, enabling users to pay for purchases direct from their bank account, circumventing the need to enter card or account information into a third party site.
For shoppers who request a refund, the Hub enables merchants to credit accounts in real time.
According to a recent report from Ovum, it is estimated that alternative instant payments, including those like the Worldpay Open Banking Hub, could overtake card payments online in 2024.
The Open Banking Hub is currently available to consumers and covers all major banks in the UK, with other markets to follow later this year, says Worldpay
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- New world innovation: Open Banking turns three
- VibePay launches account-to-account payment services for SME’s
- Komerční Banka selects Temenos to enhance its digital banking offering
- Insight: Head of products, BBVA Open Platform, on the future of payments, CX and Banking as a Service.