CreditLadder to furnish Equifax with rental payment data for building consumer credit score
Equifax, the business and consumer insights expert, is partnering with CreditLadder.co.uk, the UK’s largest rent reporting platform, to include rental payment data in Equifax credit assessments.
Janice Rudd, Data Director at Equifax, said: “The inclusion of rental data in credit assessments is a huge lift to improve financial inclusion and fairer access to the right financial products. This data insight provides lenders with a much more reflective picture of the amount renters can afford to borrow. Renters who make full and timely monthly payments should see a significant benefit in proving their ability to repay a commitment, just like mortgage payers. We’re pleased to work with CreditLadder to unlock better financial outcomes for consumers and lenders alike.”
Sheraz Dar, CEO at CreditLadder.co.uk, said: “CreditLadder’s mission is to deliver financial fairness to the UK’s millions of tenants, helping them access the credit they need, for example when they want to buy their own home. As one of the world’s leading credit reference agencies, working with Equifax to add tenants’ payment track records to their reports is a major enhancement for our users, and for our platform.”
Equifax clients will benefit from rental data’s inclusion in their existing data services, giving them easy and efficient access to the new insights without the need for system changes.
- Tesco Bank introduces new payment technology for 2.6 million credit card customers
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- Yapily and Ozone API partnership marks turning point in Open Banking adoption for banks
- £2.8M Nesta challenge seeks fintech solutions to help workers hit by Covid-19
- Konsentus completes pre-series A funding round led by Conviction Investment Partners