Fortuna Bank, one of the oldest independent banks in Luxembourg, has selected Luxhub as its open banking enabler to assist, in the first instance in, PSD2 (Payment Service Directive 2) compliance, it was announced on 30 July 2018.
According to a press release, “Luxhub together with Temenos will allow Fortuna Bank to expose the mandatory APIs (application programing interfaces) on time (223 calendar days left at this stage) and help Fortuna Bank to make use of the “Fall Back Solution” exemption as defined in the PSD2-RTS. Moreover, Fortuna Bank will be ready to begin discussions with external partners to build supplemental services towards its customers.”
Mike Felten, director of Fortuna Bank, commented: “Investing in the digital transformation is crucial to create added value and enrich our customer experience. Luxhub platform and services coupled with the Temenos core banking solution will enable Fortuna Bank to easily comply with the PSD2 directive but moreover allow us to take advantage of the new open banking economy which will arise in a near future.”
- Consumer adoption, the fintech invasion and the ‘so what?’ of Open Banking
- Steve Kirsch, Founder and CEO, Token
- Insight: Direct Debit Plus – how Direct Debit can improve and learn from Open Banking initiatives
- Moneybox app announces Open Banking merger with Santander
- Skipton speeds up mortgage processing with Experian