Open Banking has the potential to play a pivotal role in Canada’s economic recovery according to financial services and fintech pioneers speaking at Open Banking Expo Canada this November 3–5.
The program is now live at https://www.openbankingexpo.com/canada/#canada-program.
This year’s event is again headlined by Equifax Canada. Hundreds of C-level delegates are expected to attend across the financial services sector to exchange ideas and insight into their plans, predictions and preparations for when consumer-directed finance is implemented in Canada.
Exclusive to the event is the participation of Finance Canada. A member of the advisory committe will open Day 3 to share the Government’s progress on its Open Banking review and implementation considerations.
Chaired by the Women in Payments’ Chief Executive Officer, Kristy Duncan, the event is geared up for healthy debate, analysis and opinion as the market prepares for the largest digital transformation in a generation. The agenda offers plenty of virtual networking time to hop on group or 121 video calls and specific roundtable discussions.
Some of the confirmed speakers include:
- Senator Colin Deacon, Banking, Trade and Commerce Committee Senate of Canada
- Dave Forestell, Vice President, Office of the CEO, Scotiabank
- Rizwan Khalfan, EVP, Chief Digital and Payments Officer, TD Bank
- Mayank Mishra, Managing Director, Global Head Digital, Citi
- Andrew Moor, Chief Executive Officer, Equitable Bank
- Rami Thabet, Vice President- Digital, Royal Bank of Canada
- Andrew McFarlane, Managing Director, Accenture
- Lisa Shields, Chief Executive Officer, FI Span
- Kevin Morris, Strategy and Programs Director, Large Credit Union Coalition
- Jag Bhogal, Vice President, Architecture & Technology, Coast Capital
- Eytan Bensoussan, Chief Executive Officer, NorthOne
- Bill Johnston, Acting President & General Manager, & Vice-President Product, Data & Analytics Solutions, Equifax Canada
Managing Director of Open Banking Expo, Adam Cox, comments: “We are delighted to return to Canada this year with a comprehensive virtual program. The Covid-19 pandemic has thrown businesses and consumers alike huge challenges; now is an even more important time to drive innovation in the market to help aid economic recovery. We will be joined by key players that make up Canada’s financial ecosystem as we look to invoke the greatest wave of digital innovation. The only question that remains is; will it be market or regulation-driven?”
“We are proud to partner with the Open Banking Expo again this year to convene industry partners for market-leading thought leadership and consumer-centric discussions on Open Banking in Canada,” says Bill Johnston, Acting President and General Manager, and Vice-President Product, Data & Analytics Solutions at Equifax Canada. “The last several months have underscored the benefits of putting data transparency and financial control directly in the hands of Canadian consumers. We are excited to champion this work with consumers, our customers and the ecosystem. Our collective goal of this transformational capability is to extend access beyond credit data and enable a new generation of products and services for Canadian consumers and small businesses.”